Thursday, June 23, 2016

What is the difference between XMLPORT & DATAPORT?

What is the major difference between XMLPORT and DATAPORT.


So I am just summarising all these things over here in my R&D. I also request to guests and my senior team in NAV to comment for improving the answer and highlighting the mistakes if so happen by me.


Both are used for exporting and importing from navision.


 Howsoever in 2009 R2 Dataports and XMLPORTS both were available. Now with 2013 R2 BOTH were merged to XMLPPORT and so the related functions and tools were also changed.

What are Dataport?

Dataports are used to export data from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to external
text files, and to import data from external text files into Microsoft Dynamics
NAV.


What are XMLPORT?

XMLports are used to export and import data to and from external XML
document files. These are similar to dataports, only the XMLport encapsulates

Properties in XML format





These two screens are showing XMLPORT properties and triggers available in 2016 NAV.
We can export and import data in text or Xml using XMLPORT but with Dataport we can only do the same for text files.

I will surely update my blog and add more details once I got In details for these. I also request for your views about the topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment